May 31, 2009
It was a boring day so I read about photoshop tutorials. Some tutorials are for the newer versions of photoshop (CS3 and CS4) like the 3d effect but still, I tried some things that can be accomplished using my photoshop version.
May 30, 2009
Before personal computers exists, Mario games (Mario 1, Mario 2, Mario Tetris, etc.) are already running in family computers. For me, Mario 3 was the best mario game I've ever played because of its bountiful levels and elegant graphics. I think, the flying power was also added in this version of mario.
I googled again for mario games then I found Mario Forever which runs in Windows operating systems. I also found out that there are already three versions of Mario Forever. When I played several levels of Super Mario 3, I concluded that this was one of the best remakes of Mario games, the one that is running in family computers.
I download the game at this site for free [http://www.acid-play.com/download/super-mario-3-mario-forever/].
May 29, 2009
This is my first time taking photographs for wallpaper use. I took some pictures outside our house. All of the photos are in high-resolution (5 megapixels) so you won't have a problem in terms of quality. I also increased the contrast and saturation of the images so that all of the images will appear vibrant. These wallpapers are for standard screen only, 4:3 aspect ratio. If you attempt to apply one of these photos to a wide screen or square screen, there might be a loss of image quality specifically images appear to be stretched.
Of the three shirts, the cheapest if ever these shirts will be printed is the 'myspace shirt' because it is monochromatic. The 'friendster' and 'facebook' shirts are also cheap because the design has less colors. I think someone requested these shirts, I can't remember who... LOL... After these design, I will probably design unique shirts like this one [link]. No more acknowledgement or credits for logos, and no more copyright issues.
May 20, 2009
Credits - Apple logo, iTunes logo, and Safari logo
This was the requested design. This shirt costs more when printed because it has a gradient effect (I hope we can print this).
(Credits: Blogger logo)
(Credits: Mozilla Firefox logo)
(Credits: Linux logo, Ubuntu logo, and Linux font)
RSS with the URL of Your Blog
(Credits: RSS logo)
May 10, 2009
Google recognizes Mothers Day by changing their logo for one day from a colorful kid-themed to a pink with floral effect one. Google is known for its simple name and colorful logo, but this day, they changed their distict identity just to celebrate one meaningful day of the year.
A cute kangaroo with a baby is Yahoo's theme for this years mother's day. The baby kangaroo jumped into the flower garden from the pouch of his mother and grabbed some flowers and offers it to his mom.
Ask.com, you've probably never heard of it, but I have used this search engine for quite a long time together with Google, celebrates mother's day by changing everything in their homepage. In ordinary days, the page is all white excluding the text, buttons and textfields, but now, Ask.com painted everything just to honor every mother around the world.
MSN, the number one enemy of Yahoo search since I used the internet, also celebrates mother's day by placing an image of a mother and son beside their search engine. Floral theme was also applied in the site to represent the femininity of a mother.
All mothers around the globe are always associated with flowers because these kind of things represents how feminine they are.
These are my wishlist for the upcoming Windows 7:
- Faster BootUp Time - As what I've said, Vista looks elegant, in fact, it is the most stylish operating system developed by Microsoft. But the new look and style of Vista sacrifices its performance. As what I have observed, Vista loads for more that 25 seconds in my notebook and 20 seconds in our PC. Our Pentium-III 800 MHz PC that runs in XP loads faster that the two systems. All I can wish is that Microsoft should have realized the lengthy bootup time of Vista, well it's not really a problem for some people but for me it is.
- Supports Lots of Hardware - Some hardware that is attached to my notebook is not Vista supported. I have to download all the drivers from the Compaq site whenever I re-install my operating system. I really hate this process, downloading and installing the drivers manually instead of the operating system automatically detects and installs them.
- PixelShader For Aero - When I try to read about the Vista Aero effects like pressing the [Win]+[Tab] keys, it says that the video card must or can handle pixel shading (PixelShader 2.0 is required for Aero). I was shocked about this hardware requirement because I never heard of it. I googled it up to read about it and to know whether my graphics card has this feature. I hope that this hardware related requirement will be gone in the upcoming release of Windows 7.
- Windows Movie Maker - Since windows XP, Microsoft developers didn't pay attention to Windows Movie Maker. There are a lot of version numbers of Movie Maker but still it has the same features like effects and transitions.
- Windows Media Player: Boring! - I read a forum about windows users downloading some media players like iTunes and Winamp in order to play their media files.
- More Elegant Icons - I observed that other windows users are downloading custom icons. For me, Vista icons are enough but because they are into looks, they should have done something wow!
- More Themes - The windows aero theme was eye popping duiring its release but after Kubuntu 7++ and CentOS 5++ was released, windows was out of the game again.
- More features, Less Editions - Vista was very frustrating because of the 4 versions available in the market. I installed the Vista Basic first but uninstalled it after sometime because it doesn't have windows aero. Now, I am currently running in Windows Vista Business, but still, it is not enough because It doesn't have a Windows Media Center.
- Microsoft Office be Included in the Windows 7 Core - When I try Kubuntu, Ubuntu, and CentOS, they are already pre-packed with Open Office Suites, but windows only comes with a WordPad and even worst, the Notepad. I know Microsoft Office has a staggering price but they could give the older versions (like MS Office 2000 or 2003) for free or include it in Windows 7 installation.
- New Windows Logo - Windows logo is very distinct but after two decades, it has gone down to boring level.
- "Windows [SOMETHING]" not "Windows 7" - The number 7 could be lucky but the name "Windows 7" is not really a good name for an operating system. Imagine the operating system called "Mac OS 10 Snow Leopard" will be compared to an operating system called "Windows 7", Apple company may win the competition by name. I like the codename of the Windows 7, I heard it's Vienna or Blackomb, I hope they'll use one of these names.
How would you react if your phone prefix number is 666? This is a problematic case of the residents of Reeve, Louisiana, USA. The number 666 is always associated with the antichrist. This was sort-of stated in Revelation 13:18 which says “This call for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six”. This number is somewhat related to mythological beast and it's part of someone's life. Imagine dialing the number 666 on the phone during midnight or any creepy day you consider, how would you feel. Well, the problem of the residents of Reeve ended after 40 years of request, their phone prefix number has been changed from 666 to 749.
All my life (well not our phone prefix number which is 032 for Cebu, Philippines), I believe that the number 666 is demonic, well not that demon from hell but demonic in the sense that it is connected to disaster or bad luck (I guess I used the word demonic right).
In mathematics, 6 to the power of 3 (216) is very different to the number 666 (don't ask Santino about this). If we try to add all the digits (6+6+6), the result is 24, a day that is associated with Christmas Eve. What else??? hmmm... nothing to say...